Spotlight on engineering staff
The MIT School of Engineering hosted its 18th annual Infinite Mile Awards ceremony on May 24, to recognize and reward members of the school’s administrative, support, service, and sponsored research staff whose work is of the highest caliber. The awards support the Institute’s and the School of Engineering’s objectives for excellence.
Nominations are made by department heads and laboratory directors, and the awards are presented to individuals and teams who stand out due to their high level of commitment, energy, and enthusiasm. Since their inception in 2001, the School of Engineering’s Infinite Mile Awards have been presented to nearly 250 staff members.
For the quality of their contributions, the individuals who earned the Infinite Mile Award for Excellence were:
- Sherene Aram from the Microsystems Technology Laboratories;
- Paul Barone from the Center for Biomedical Innovation;
- Tricia Campbell from the Department of Chemical Engineering;
- Kiley Clapper from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering;
- Kyle Keane from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering;
- Adam Shervanian from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering;
- Linda Stockdale from the Department of Biological Engineering; and
- Caitlin Vinci from the Institute for Medical Engineering and Science.
In addition to the Infinite Mile Awards, the School of Engineering presented three Ellen J. Mandigo Awards for Outstanding Service. Established in 2009, the award recognizes staff who have demonstrated, over an extended period of time, the qualities Ellen J. Mandigo valued and possessed during her long career at MIT: intelligence, skill, hard work, and dedication to the Institute. This award is made possible by a bequest from Mandigo, a member of the MIT engineering community for nearly five decades.
The 2018 recipients are Daniel Darling from the Department of Biological Engineering, Rachel Kemper from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, and Angela Mickunas from the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.