The BioMAN program held a series of working groups with leaders from academia, the biopharmaceutical industry and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Envisioning and Preparing for the Future of Biomanufacturing. The outcome of these sessions provides a roadmap for focused scientific research and development for the next 15 years. The five thematic areas requiring fundamentally new technologies and strategies are:
- Advanced product and process analysis for optimized quality manufacturing.
- Flexible modular platforms for biotherapeutic production and delivery.
- Assessment and mitigation of risk in biopharmaceutical production.
- Global delivery of biopharmaceuticals.
- Regulatory science
BioMAN Working Groups
The BioMAN program regularly holds working groups with thought leaders from across the value chain in order to drive innovation in biomanufacturing. Some recent working groups held by BioMAN are:
- Biomanufacturing Futures
- Sensors for Bioprocessing
- Globalization of Biomanufacturing
- Adventitious Agent Contamination